Sunday, November 16, 2008

Figures

Once I put in my two week's notice, the following two weeks I had sales averages of $129 and $121. Had they not reamed me so much on sales in general during my slump (and even when I was doing well), I would have stuck around, but instead: gone and proud of it.

I was at the grocery store the other day getting rung out for a $7 purchase when I realized that working at Sears Portrait Studio was like being a grocery store cashier. Except a $7 purchase would get the cashier in trouble for not selling enough per transaction no matter how happy I was with her service and no matter how efficiently she did her job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps your sales average came up because the pressure was off...being stressed out does not mix well with this type of job-I swear those kids can sense it and don't do as well, which affects the sale.
I'm curious- what kind of individual average did the studio manager run?